If you have a bricked Moto G that is unable to boot up or in boot loop or shows blank screen after boot animation then this guide will show you how you can unbrick Moto G on stock ROM.
Note i have personally done this on the Moto G XT1033 indian version on Android 5.1 but this will work on any version of android if you follow the instructions carefully.
What You will need Unbrick Moto G on Stock ROM
- Download and install Motorola driver here Motorola Device Manager
- Download the same or higher version of android for your device from here Official Stock Moto G Firmware Download (read note below to know the exact firmware that will work for you)
- Download mfastboot v2
Notes for unbrick Moto G:
- This will work for any version of the Moto G with both locked and unlocked bootloader, i have tested it on the indian, brazil and UK retail Moto G.
- You should download the same or higher version of android as on the bricked Moto G
- On the firmware download page, download the folder CSV, open up in excel and search for your device model (e’g XT1033) you will see name like ASIARETAIL_XT1033_5.0.2_LXB22.46-28_cid7_CFC.xml.zip this means firmware for indian asian retail version of XT1033 with android 5.0.2 lollipop build LXB22.46-28. to know the build on your bricked device, enter the recovery mode follow the steps here and look on the top of the recovery mode page you will see the build like LXB22, KXB21, LPB23, LPBS23 etc. just make sure to download the firmware for the region, model, android version and build for your phone.
Follow these instructions at your own risk. If something goes wrong don’t blame me!
But nothing bad will happen if you follow the steps correctly.
Steps to Unbrick Moto G on Stock ROM
- Extract the mfastboot-v2 into a folder
- Extract the firmware you downloaded into the same mfastboot folder (see imagee)
- boot the bricked Moto G into fastboot mode- Power off the phone
– Hold power button together with volume down button for about 3 to 4 seconds then release
– you should see a screen like below then connect the phone to the computer via a USB
- Go to the extracted mfastboot + firmware folder and hold down shift on your PC and right click then click on Open Command prompt here.
- run the follow commands as listed you need to enter the following commands one-by-one checking that each one returns an [OKAY]
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk3
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
- Wait for a reboot, you should now be rebooted into a fully stock Moto G firmware.
So i hope this helps you unbrick Moto G