This will show you how you can identify which iPhone model you have, to know which iPhone model you have sometimes can be confusing like the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3Gs.
If you look at related models of the iPhone you will notice they look more like the same if not well examined, I will show you how to identify the iPhone 5c, iPhone5s, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs and the iPhone 3G.
To identify which iPhone model you have, you need to know the Model number of the iPhone, just look at the back of the iPhone and you will see a model number, use the model number to know which iPhone model you have.
How to identify iPhone 5s
To know if you have the iPhone 5s look at the back of the phone and compare with the following model number with that on your phone.
- A1533: iPhone 5s (GSM model)
- A1533: iPhone 5s (CDMA model)
- A1453: iPhone 5s (CDMA model)
- A1457: iPhone 5s (GSM model)
- A1528: iPhone 5s (GSM model China)
- A1530: iPhone 5s
How to identify iPhone 5c
Check the back of your phone and compare the model number written at the back with the following
- A1532: iPhone 5c (GSM model)
- A1532: iPhone 5c (CDMA model)
- A1456: iPhone 5c (CDMA model)
- A1507: iPhone 5c (GSM model)
- A1526: iPhone 5c (GSM model China)
- A1529: iPhone 5c
How to identify iPhone 5
The iPhone 5 just have three (3) models for the GSM and CDMA with the following model numbers.
- A1428: iPhone 5 (GSM model)
- A1429: iPhone 5 (GSM and CDMA model)
- A1442: iPhone 5 (CDMA model, China)
How to identify iPhone 4s
This model looks almost exactly like the iPhone 4 so many people always fall victim of upgrading the iPhone 4s with IOS firmware of the iPhone 4, below is the different model numbers of the iPhone 4s.
- A1431: iPhone 4s (GSM model China)
- A1387: iPhone 4s (CDMA model)
- A1387: iPhone 4s (GSM model)
How to identify iPhone 4
The iPhone 4 as said looks very much like the iPhone 4s but different, the iPhone 4 GSM was produced in the year 2010 while the iPhone 4s and iPhone 4 CDMA was produce a year later. The iPhone 4 has just two models, the GSM model which was produced in the year 2010 and the CDMA model produced in the year 2011 with the following model numbers:
- A1349: iPhone 4 (CDMA model)
- A1332: iPhone 4 (GSM model)
It is to be noted that the iPhone 4 CDMA has no SIM tray.
How to identify iPhone 3Gs
This is the last iPhone with a plastic back after the iPhone 3G and uses a mini SIM CARD, it has just two model with the following model numbers:
- A1325 on the iPhone 3GS (China)
- A1303 on the iPhone 3GS
How to identify iPhone 3G
This looks more like the iPhone 3Gs but different the following are the model numbers:
- A1324 on the iPhone 3G (China)
- A1241 on the iPhone 3G