Published on July 22nd, 2013 | by Wilson
How to Install Whatsapp on s40 Java Phones Like Asha 200 & 205
This tutorial will guide you to install Whatsapp messenger on your non-supported java phones like the Nokia Asha 200, Asha 205 and any other non-supported java phones.
Please take note you need to free up your internal memory before proceeding, at least have more than 4MB free and very important to have two SIM card in the phone while installing it and setting it up so you dont have setting up favorites failed.
1. Download the Raw file from here note the file is a zipped file.
2. unzip the downloaded zipped file, then copy the whole folder to your memory card (advisable to do this step on a computer).
3. Now goto the folder, DO NOT launch the whatsapp application inside the folder just yet.
4. Copy the application from the memory card to your My Apps or Games.
5. Now go back to the initial folder and delete it.
6. Now go to the whatsapp application in your phone, click the option button and click update version, let it update then you can open the application…follow all instructions and be patient, when it is finally opening, you will get updating notification enabler let it load, it will fail and tell you phone not supported, close it and your whatsapp is installed and working.
Update: for those asking how to get the unzipped version download this two files here and here , copy them to a folder on your memory card, then rename them like this WhatsApp_jar will now be WhatsApp.jar then WhatsApp_jad will be WhatsApp.jar after this follow the steps from 4. above.
You can now watch the video tutorial i made on Youtube, click the above video and watch the part 1 and 2.
A suggestion for people in india who are getting error on updating favorites should follow this steps:
Step 1 : You need to get a Nokia phone that has whatsapp messenger working on it already.
Step 2: Copy the application to the phone’s memory card (Note:copy not cut)
Step 3 : Remove the memory card and insert into your mobile phone copy the whatsapp to your phone.
Now start enjoying whatsapp on your Nokia Asha 200 thanks to Ashmin for pointing out the method
also if you are getting Setting up favorites failed. Network Conditions do not allow contact refresh then just delete your all configurations of gprs from Menu->Settings->Configuration->delete configurations…then again open your whatsapp application from memory card
some brilliant suggestions by our readers which could help you:
1. If you are getting error do a factory reset on your Nokia asha…then open your browser and update the new Nokia xpress. close and start the whole process again.
2. make sure you have two SIM CARDS in the phone while doing this process, but you will be needing just one to access the internet but the second SIM card slot should NOT be empty.